Samsung Pay is a groundbreaking mobile payment service. Launched in 2015, Samsung Pay is a simple and safe digital wallet that works almost anywhere you can swipe or tap your card which allows Samsung Pay works in far more stores than any other mobile payment service. Samsung Pay ushers in a new era of mobile payments and e-commerce. Samsung Pay allows consumers to transition to secure mobile payments at nearly all merchant locations. To date, mobile wallets have had extremely low acceptance with merchants utilizing conventional magstripe terminals.
With Samsung Pay, consumers can now utilize their mobile devices to pay at existing point-of-sale terminals. To achieve this, Samsung leverages both Near Field Communication (NFC) and a new proprietary technology called Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) to make mobile payments more accessible to merchants and consumers than ever before. Thanks to NFC and Samsung’s proprietary MST technology, Samsung Pay works in far more stores than any other mobile payment service.
Come join the Samsung Pay team and help us define and develop the future role of Smartphones and Mobile services!
As part of the Business Operations team at Samsung Pay, the Contracts Manager will be part of a team that provides end-to-end support to the larger team in the areas of business development, product, sales, operations, marketing and finance. The Contracts Manager will manage contract negotiations for a variety of projects from inception to post-execution, including but not limited to, consulting with the larger team on project development, working with in-house counsel on drafting and negotiating contract terms, operationalizing contractual obligations and educating the larger team on compliance. This is not a “traditional” contracts manager role, in that the Business Operations team works closely with, but is not part of, the Legal team, and orchestrates operational readiness in support of strategic business goals across teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Assess conflict of interest and other subject matter that can delay, hinder or prevent service product deployment, sales or launch
• Identify and develop means to monitor and track performance by working with related third parties and internal service delivery departments
• Report and analyze performance deficiencies, gaps or differences on a regular cadence
• Serve as operational advisor to business owners
• Help drive an understanding with business owners on what can and cannot be done from a contract and risk perspective
• Support business owners on process compliance
• Support business owners in regular business reviews
• Facilitate the development of business plans, roadmaps, and other business enabling artifacts that help document actions required to avoid risk or grow business
• Establish and maintain a strong knowledge of the company, its mission, strategy, and values, its product and service offerings, and the objectives of supported business units
• Coordinate with and provide support to key internal stakeholders in the contracting process
• Identify the contractual requirement and service performance needs between contracting parties and internal departments
• Design key business terms and requirements for contracts
• Negotiate with partners / customers / other parties in close coordination with legal counsel
• Work collaboratively with legal counsel and advisors on contract drafts and turns
• Manage internal contract governance and approval process
• Assess contractual risks and find risk mitigating strategies
• Operationalize contract terms through common frameworks
• Report on contractual progress and performance
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor degree in Business Management, or related area
• 8-10 years of experience in contract negotiations
• Demonstrated critical thinking skills
• Experience in product development, mobile payments and/or e-commerce
• Excellent communication skills (written + oral). An ability to work well with a wide range of people.
• Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to effectively manage multiple activities of varying difficulty and complexity with a short turn-around time